Friday, June 8, 2012

Character Building

You are in a grocery store, look down and see


What do you do?!?





Did I mention you are also ten years old?


So what do you do?





Let me just say we DID look around to see if anyone looked like they had lost money.

No one at the check outs or the isles around us.


So I casually bent down and picked it up.



Next came:

"I have never found so much!"
"I don't know what to do."
"I feel sorry for lost it."

the comments from 
a ten year old.


Then
he said it.



"I think we should donate all of it."
(A shocked & proud mom here.)


"I think."

"I don't know."

"I'm confused."


"What does it say in the Bible?"
(Mom proud here.)


We talked about what it says in the Bible and his final decision was to give 1/4 to God at VBS next week.  Then save 1/4 and spend 1/2 on 2 new fish from Walmart. 


A Red Finned Rainbow Shark
and an algae eater. 


WOW!
:-)

1 comment:

  1. What a mature boy you have! My 11-year-old found a $10 bill at the playground a few weeks ago. Wish I could find some! :-D

    ReplyDelete